Maxilead Metals is an environmentally conscious organisation and as such we acknowledge the potential impact our metal recovery and recycling operations may have on the environment.
As an ISO 14001 accredited company, we are committed to the prevention of pollution and continual improvement of our environmental performance. This has been facilitated through the setting and reviewing of our environmental objectives, ensuring that these are regularly monitored, understood and maintained at all levels within the company.
As a company we:
- Comply with all environmental legislation, environmental benchmarks, Approved codes of practice and guidance produced by Regulatory Bodies.
- Provide all employees with the necessary resources, equipment, information, instruction and training to fulfil our environment requirements.
- Monitor and maintain an environmental management system in accordance with the requirements as set out in the BS EN ISO 14001:2004.
- Avoid potential pollution by ensuring that oil and oil containing wastes are suitably managed and contained in accordance with our environmental permit.
- Use energy, materials and other natural resources as efficiently as possible, giving particular regard to the long term sustainability of consumable items.
- Minimise waste to landfill by minimising our own waste and by segregating and recycling waste that we receive from third parties in order to preserve and protect the environment.
- Aim to reduce our carbon footprint, co-ordinating wherever possible deliveries and collections so as to minimise business mileage; In addition we operate Euro 4/5 trucks, which produce lower emissions than any other commercial vehicle.
- Ensure that all impacts and aspects are reviewed and documented on a regular basis.
Our Employee Pledge
All employees at Maxilead co-operate and assist in the implementation of our environmental policies whilst ensuring that their own works, so far as is reasonably practicable, are carried out without risk to themselves, others or the environment.
If you would like more information about our environmental policies, please contact us.