Scrap metal can be a tricky business, and if you don’t know how to dispose of it both properly and safety than it can pose some serious issues.
If you aren’t clued up on disposal and recycling, one of two things is likely to happen:
- You could dispose of the metal in an improper manner which can cause damage to you or the environment
- You can end up just having the metal lying around on the basis that you aren’t sure what to do with it, which in itself has the potential to become a health and safety hazard.
So, if you have scrap metal lying around and aren’t too sure how to deal with it, Maxilead Metals have you covered.
This handy guide will explain the safest way to dispose of scrap metal, (spoiler: there really is only one way to do the job safely) and you’ll also find out more about the ways in which we can save your time and energies by taking it off your hands.
The golden rule: let somebody else do it for you
Sounds strange, right? But at the end of the day unless you’re a trained professional, the safest method of disposing of scrap metal is letting the experts take care of it.
Here at Maxilead Metals we offer competitive rates for metals and are fully equipped with state of the art machinery to make sure that not only do we do a good job, but a safe one too.
The basic fact of the matter is, a DIY disposal job is a sure fire way to do it wrong, there’s no easy way to dispose of scrap if you’re not a professional without harming the environment, or even yourself.
Therefore, you really ought to let us take it off your hands. Not only will you benefit financially, but you’ll also save yourself the time and hassle of disposal (and free up some storage space for yourself, too).
Our disposal process is lengthy and intricate to ensure we hit every detail and never miss the mark. Typically, it goes like this.
- We gather metals (either you drop them off, or we come and collect them – the choice is really yours)
- We then prep your metal for recycling using a variety of state of the art machinery including balers and shears
- Once the metal is segregated and processed we then load the material into containers.
- Finally, your metal is shipped off to destinations around the UK or worldwide to one of our global export partners. Where is will usually be melted down and then re-used.
Every step of the process is overseen by professional experts and machinery, and safety is our number one priority. We pride ourselves in quality, and this extends from our customer services to our processes so you can be sure that your materials are being disposed of in the safest way possible.
Things to remember
If you have some scrap metal on your hands then there are a few things to bear in mind to make sure that you’re handling it safely.
- You should store it in a safe facility until you have gathered enough to warrant recycling it, if you do not have proper storage facilities then why not look up skip services?
- You should do some research in to what metal you own, as different types of metals have different price bands. You can read more about the differences between ferrous and non ferrous metals here.
- You should always recycle your metals once you have enough scrap as you can earn money, as well as being environmentally conscious too.
- You should definitely let the experts take care of it, as chances are if you’re not a professional you won’t have the machinery or contacts to do the job correctly or safely.
If you have a bulk of scrap metal on your hands, make sure you dispose of it in the right way by following the golden rule of leaving it to the experts. Contact Maxilead Metals today to get started.